Cover up charge in minor`s rape must be probed: Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: Police must take cognisance of any attempt to cover up the "horrific" rape of a minor child in east Delhi and order a full blown inquiry into allegation of bribery, Congress MP Sandeep Dikshit said on Friday.
"If there is any attempt on the part of police or anyone else to cover up something as horrific as this, police administration must take cognisance of this and order a full blown inquiry and see that nothing of sort happens and if it happens, action should be taken," he said.
He was referring to the case of the five-year-old girl, who was raped allegedly by her neighbour after holding her captive for four days and is battling for life.
Dikshit also said that if the allegation that some cops tried to bribe the victim`s family to not pursue the case is found to be true, then it is a very serious matter.
"If the allegation of bribing is found true, it is a very serious matter," he said.
He further said that he was happy with the arrangements made at the hospital for the victim`s treatment.
"When I reached hospital, I was happy to see they have made necessary arrangements for such victims and maintained proper medical records," Dikshit said.
He said the victim`s mother was not happy with the way police had been investigating the matter and she felt that sleuths were not putting adequate effort to search her daughter.
"What the mother told us was that the girl went missing about 5:30 PM to 6 PM or so and after that they went to the police station. Around 8:30 PM they registered a case. She was not happy as she felt police has not put adequate effort in searching the girl," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez