Cover up charge in minor`s rape must be probed: Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: Police must take cognisance of any attempt to cover up the "horrific" rape of a minor child in east Delhi and order a full blown inquiry into allegation of bribery, Congress MP Sandeep Dikshit said on Friday.
"If there is any attempt on the part of police or anyone else to cover up something as horrific as this, police administration must take cognisance of this and order a full blown inquiry and see that nothing of sort happens and if it happens, action should be taken," he said.
He was referring to the case of the five-year-old girl, who was raped allegedly by her neighbour after holding her captive for four days and is battling for life.
Dikshit also said that if the allegation that some cops tried to bribe the victim`s family to not pursue the case is found to be true, then it is a very serious matter.
"If the allegation of bribing is found true, it is a very serious matter," he said.
He further said that he was happy with the arrangements made at the hospital for the victim`s treatment.
"When I reached hospital, I was happy to see they have made necessary arrangements for such victims and maintained proper medical records," Dikshit said.
He said the victim`s mother was not happy with the way police had been investigating the matter and she felt that sleuths were not putting adequate effort to search her daughter.
"What the mother told us was that the girl went missing about 5:30 PM to 6 PM or so and after that they went to the police station. Around 8:30 PM they registered a case. She was not happy as she felt police has not put adequate effort in searching the girl," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!