Cover up charge in minor`s rape must be probed: Sandeep Dikshit
New Delhi: Police must take cognisance of any attempt to cover up the "horrific" rape of a minor child in east Delhi and order a full blown inquiry into allegation of bribery, Congress MP Sandeep Dikshit said on Friday.
"If there is any attempt on the part of police or anyone else to cover up something as horrific as this, police administration must take cognisance of this and order a full blown inquiry and see that nothing of sort happens and if it happens, action should be taken," he said.
He was referring to the case of the five-year-old girl, who was raped allegedly by her neighbour after holding her captive for four days and is battling for life.
Dikshit also said that if the allegation that some cops tried to bribe the victim`s family to not pursue the case is found to be true, then it is a very serious matter.
"If the allegation of bribing is found true, it is a very serious matter," he said.
He further said that he was happy with the arrangements made at the hospital for the victim`s treatment.
"When I reached hospital, I was happy to see they have made necessary arrangements for such victims and maintained proper medical records," Dikshit said.
He said the victim`s mother was not happy with the way police had been investigating the matter and she felt that sleuths were not putting adequate effort to search her daughter.
"What the mother told us was that the girl went missing about 5:30 PM to 6 PM or so and after that they went to the police station. Around 8:30 PM they registered a case. She was not happy as she felt police has not put adequate effort in searching the girl," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools