CPI MP moves privilege notice against Attorney General
New Delhi: A privilege notice has been moved in the Lok Sabha by CPI member Gurudas Dasgupta against Attorney General G E Vahanvati, alleging "impediments" in performance of his duties as an MP.
Acknowledging the receipt of the notice, Speaker Meira Kumar said it is under her consideration.
"I have received your notice on the question of privilege against the Attorney General of India for causing impediments in performance of your duties as a Member of Parliament by getting issued on his behalf a legal notice to you.
"The matter is under my consideration," the Speaker told Dasgupta in the Lok Sabha.
It was not clear as to what "impediments" were made in performance of his duties as an MP.
Later, the CPI leader told a news agency that he had "received some sensitive information regarding certain foreign bank accounts. I had wanted the Prime Minister (through a letter) to enquire and verify this information."
Maintaining that this was "a privileged letter" to the Prime Minister, he said following the letter, Vahanvati sent legal notices to him in the matter.
Dasgupta refused to elaborate on the contents of his letter to the Prime Minister but said he had pointed out "certain irregularities" and wanted them verified.
Repeated attempts to contact Vahanvati for his reaction did not fructify.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo