CPI(M) hails NCWS` move to hand over kids to uncle
New Delhi: leader Brinda Karat on Tuesday
termed as a "big step forward" Norwegian Child Welfare
Service`s decision to award the custody of two Indian children
to their uncle and said she was waiting for the report of the
Special Envoy in the case.
Karat, who has been in the forefront of the campaign to
bring the two children back to India, said the Norwegian Child
Welfare Service has changed its earlier position and has
decided to award their custody to the brother of their father.
"It is a big step forward. The Norwegian CWS has taken
back its earlier statements and position, but we have to wait
for the Special Envoy`s report," she told PTI.
Karat also said a decision on lifting the sit-in by the
grandparents of the two kids outside the Norwegian Embassy
here will be taken only after the report comes.
"There are some issues which are yet to be clarified.
Some issues are quite ambiguous and we need clarifications. It
is best to wait," she said.
Two children --Abhigyan and Aishwarya -- are under foster
care in Norway.
Monotosh Chakrabarty, grandfather of the children, said
he has no information in this regard from the Government.
"We have no information about that. When Government
confirms something then I will say," he said.
In a breakthrough in the NRI children custody row, the
Norwegian Child Welfare Service today decided to award the
custody of two children to the brother of their father
enabling him to bring them back to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon