CPWD data: LS Speaker may still be occupying KM Marg bungalow
New Delhi: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar may still be in possession of a bungalow in Lutyen`s zone that was once occupied by her late father Babu Jagjivan Ram.
"It has been informed earlier also that as per the latest occupation report available in the office record bungalow number 6, Krishna Menon Marg is in name of Meira Kumar.
Thereafter there is no document available in the file of bungalow number 6, Krishna Menon Marg which shows either vacation or occupation with respect to bungalow number 6, Krishna Menon Marg," Central Public Information Officer of CPWD said in an RTI response to activist Subhash Agrawal.
The Speaker`s office had earlier denied being in possession of the bungalow.
The reply from Parliament Construction Division-1 of CPWD said the complaints (relating to civil works) which are received at CPWD service centre are attended by it.
Reproducing the "actual position" regarding the bungalow which was already given in a previous communication to the activist, the CPIO said, "During inspection by CPWD officials on May 21, 2012 at 2 pm, the main bungalow found locked. Two rooms near the entrance of left hand side, having photos and status of Babuji, found open."
"The rooms which were found locked, were not locked by this service centre, hence keys are with concerned JE of CPWD service centre, Sunehri Bagh Lane. As per office record (last occupation report available in this office), bungalow number 6, Krishna Menon Marg is in the name of Smt Meira Kumar, hence there is no question of either locking or keeping some portion of bungalow open by this service centre," it said.
The CPWD office said unauthorised constructions in bungalows under jurisdiction of this office, the same is/are being removed during change of occupancy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state