Crime against women doubled in five years: SC told
New Delhi: Registered criminal offences committed against women in the national capital has increased by around 73 percent this year as compared to 2012, according to data submitted before the Supreme Court which also projected that number of such offences doubled during last five years.
The figure of offences against women till October 15 placed by the government on the direction of the apex court showed that so far 1,330 cases of rape have been registered this year.
The total number of registered offences against women which includes rape, molestation, eve teasing, dowry death, stands at 10,493 till October 15 in comparison to last year`s figure of 6,064.
In 2009 the figure was 4,358 which increased to 4,542 in year 2010. It increased to 5,213 in 2011.
The data of 2013 shows that maximum number of cases was registered for kidnapping or abduction of women and it was followed by cases of molestation.
In comparison to last year, there has been increase of around 300 percent in cases of molestation and 88 percent in cases of rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie