Criminal killed, 2 others arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: A criminal was killed and two others were arrested in a police encounter when they along with nine others had come to kill vice president of Jat Education Society in Haryana.
"Ravi Pal succumbed to his injuries sustained during an encounter with a joint team of Delhi and Haryana Police yesterday," Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, DCP (Special Cell) of Delhi Police said.
A Delhi Police constable and two other criminals were also injured in the encounter, he said, adding that the other gang members managed to flee.
Acting on a tip-off that the gang had planned to kill Jat Education Society vice president Naresh Kala when he and his wife would go to file his nomination papers for the municipal elections in the office of Rohtak Additional Deputy Collector yesterday, the joint police team took strategic positions outside the venue and nabbed the criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Sushma Swaraj can't give verdict on 'future of Kashmir': Pakistan
- Over 90% of 4.75 lakh candidates appear in NEET II exam
- GM re-evaluates India investment, new car platform on hold
- Raunchiest Olympics ever: Record number of condoms for 2016 Rio athletes
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization