Criminal killed, 2 others arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: A criminal was killed and two others were arrested in a police encounter when they along with nine others had come to kill vice president of Jat Education Society in Haryana.
"Ravi Pal succumbed to his injuries sustained during an encounter with a joint team of Delhi and Haryana Police yesterday," Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, DCP (Special Cell) of Delhi Police said.
A Delhi Police constable and two other criminals were also injured in the encounter, he said, adding that the other gang members managed to flee.
Acting on a tip-off that the gang had planned to kill Jat Education Society vice president Naresh Kala when he and his wife would go to file his nomination papers for the municipal elections in the office of Rohtak Additional Deputy Collector yesterday, the joint police team took strategic positions outside the venue and nabbed the criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender