Criminal killed, 2 others arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: A criminal was killed and two others were arrested in a police encounter when they along with nine others had come to kill vice president of Jat Education Society in Haryana.
"Ravi Pal succumbed to his injuries sustained during an encounter with a joint team of Delhi and Haryana Police yesterday," Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, DCP (Special Cell) of Delhi Police said.
A Delhi Police constable and two other criminals were also injured in the encounter, he said, adding that the other gang members managed to flee.
Acting on a tip-off that the gang had planned to kill Jat Education Society vice president Naresh Kala when he and his wife would go to file his nomination papers for the municipal elections in the office of Rohtak Additional Deputy Collector yesterday, the joint police team took strategic positions outside the venue and nabbed the criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read