Criminal killed, 2 others arrested in Delhi
New Delhi: A criminal was killed and two others were arrested in a police encounter when they along with nine others had come to kill vice president of Jat Education Society in Haryana.
"Ravi Pal succumbed to his injuries sustained during an encounter with a joint team of Delhi and Haryana Police yesterday," Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, DCP (Special Cell) of Delhi Police said.
A Delhi Police constable and two other criminals were also injured in the encounter, he said, adding that the other gang members managed to flee.
Acting on a tip-off that the gang had planned to kill Jat Education Society vice president Naresh Kala when he and his wife would go to file his nomination papers for the municipal elections in the office of Rohtak Additional Deputy Collector yesterday, the joint police team took strategic positions outside the venue and nabbed the criminals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look