CRPF mela inaugurated in Delhi
New Delhi: A three-day CRPF mela of handmade handicrafts and art items was inaugurated here on Friday.
The mela showcases a host of traditional and modern art items made by the wives and families of CRPF personnel. Another attraction is a number of delicacies from various parts of the country.
The exhibition was inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s wife Gursharan Kaur.
A total of 49 stalls have been put up at the CRPF ground near CGO complex in central Delhi and is being conducted under the aegis of the CRPF wives welfare association.
The mela has a free entry and will be open till December 2.
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held