CRPF trooper`s wife found dead, dowry case filed
New Delhi: A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper`s wife was found hanging from a ceiling fan inside her in-law`s residence in south Delhi Thursday morning, police said. Her family members have registered a case of dowry death.
Kalpana, 26, a resident of Uttar Pradesh`s Rae Bareli, was found hanging from her room in her in-law`s house in Meethapur area. Her in-laws took her to a nearby hospital where doctors declared her dead. Hospital authorities then informed police about the incident.
Kalpana married Sandeep Kumar four years ago and resided with her in-law`s family.
Sandeep Kumar is presently posted at the New Delhi railway station.
Her brother, Sajjan, registered a police complaint against her in-laws, alleging that she might have been murdered and the death made to seem a suicide. However, her husband`s family denied the allegations.
"She had been tortured for dowry since after her marriage. Her in-laws used to beat her for dowry. Three days before her death she was also beaten up," he alleged in the complaint.
Kalpana`s family told police that at the time of her marriage, they gave Rs.5 lakh dowry. But, the in-laws` next demand came within few months after her marriage.
A case of dowry has been registered against victim`s husband, and in-laws and inquiry into the case is on to find out the exact reason behind her death, said a police official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read