Crucial CVC-CBI meeting on missing coal files next week
New Delhi: Amid uproar over missing coal blocks allocation files, the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has convened a meeting with CBI Director Ranjit Sinha to discuss the issue which has a bearing on the multi-crore scam being probed by it.
"A meeting has been fixed with CBI Director on the matter (of missing coal blocks allocation files) with CVC," Vigilance Commissioner R Sri Kumar told PTI on the sidelines of a function here.
Srikumar, who was speaking after the inauguration of Vigilance Study Circle of Delhi NCR chapter, said the Commission will discuss in detail the issue and accordingly decide on future course of action.
The meeting has been fixed for early next week, official sources said.
The Commission will ask CBI whether or not the missing files were hampering or going to hamper its investigation in the case, the sources said.
CBI had on August 14 written a letter to the Coal Ministry stating that 225 files and documents relating to coal blocks allocation cases had still not been handed over to it by the Coal Ministry. This included 167 files pertaining to pre-2004 era during which NDA was in power.
CBI has said that these files and documents were necessary for concluding the probe against various firms booked by the agency for alleged manipulation and concealing of facts.
However, the Coal Ministry had requested CBI to scrutinise the files already seized by them as the missing documents could be annexed to these files.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city