Crucial CVC-CBI meeting on missing coal files next week
New Delhi: Amid uproar over missing coal blocks allocation files, the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) has convened a meeting with CBI Director Ranjit Sinha to discuss the issue which has a bearing on the multi-crore scam being probed by it.
"A meeting has been fixed with CBI Director on the matter (of missing coal blocks allocation files) with CVC," Vigilance Commissioner R Sri Kumar told PTI on the sidelines of a function here.
Srikumar, who was speaking after the inauguration of Vigilance Study Circle of Delhi NCR chapter, said the Commission will discuss in detail the issue and accordingly decide on future course of action.
The meeting has been fixed for early next week, official sources said.
The Commission will ask CBI whether or not the missing files were hampering or going to hamper its investigation in the case, the sources said.
CBI had on August 14 written a letter to the Coal Ministry stating that 225 files and documents relating to coal blocks allocation cases had still not been handed over to it by the Coal Ministry. This included 167 files pertaining to pre-2004 era during which NDA was in power.
CBI has said that these files and documents were necessary for concluding the probe against various firms booked by the agency for alleged manipulation and concealing of facts.
However, the Coal Ministry had requested CBI to scrutinise the files already seized by them as the missing documents could be annexed to these files.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened