Culpable homicide case on Delhi building owner
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Wednesday registered a
case of culpable homicide against the owner and contractor
for carrying out construction in a building which led to the
collapse of two structures causing death of at least seven
The case was registered against Anil, the owner of the
building where construction was taking place, and contractor
"We have registered a case under Section 304 (culpable
homicide) against the duo," Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan
Seven persons, including four woman and a minor boy, were
killed and 22 injured when two adjacent buildings collapsed in
Chandni Mahal in Old Delhi`s Daryaganj area last night.
Anil was carrying out some construction work at his
building which collapsed due to digging work. The collapse of
his building led to the razing of an adjacent building too.
Officials said they were investigating whether Anil had
sought permission from Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) to
carry out construction.
Among the seven dead is an unknown man, who is in his
mid-thirties. The other deceased are: Munni Devi (70), Fatima
(65), Shaukat (65), Tabassum (18) (all women), Arshad (40) and
On allegations of a nexus between police and MCD
officials in allowing illegal constructions in the locality, a
senior police official said they will inquire into the
incident and take appropriate action against wrongdoers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened