Cut power use if you can`t afford high bill: Delhi CM
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Sunday urged people to reduce their electricity consumption if they cannot afford high power bills.
"If any family feels that electricity bill is out of their income (limit) and can`t bear it, then use one bulb instead of two. In place of two fans or coolers use one," Dikshit said here at a political rally.
The chief minister also said consumers should not expect low power bills if their usage was high.
"If you use electricity for 24 hours, you will not pay the bill only for five hours," she said.
Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal recently accused Dikshit of conniving with private power distribution companies and not allowing a cut in electricity tariff.
He claimed that when a former electricity regulator tried to reduce tariff, power companies "went running" to the Delhi government in 2010 and Dikshit ordered that the power rates should not be lowered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- When Peter Mukherjea met and fell madly in love with Indrani