Cut power use if you can`t afford high bill: Delhi CM
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Sunday urged people to reduce their electricity consumption if they cannot afford high power bills.
"If any family feels that electricity bill is out of their income (limit) and can`t bear it, then use one bulb instead of two. In place of two fans or coolers use one," Dikshit said here at a political rally.
The chief minister also said consumers should not expect low power bills if their usage was high.
"If you use electricity for 24 hours, you will not pay the bill only for five hours," she said.
Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal recently accused Dikshit of conniving with private power distribution companies and not allowing a cut in electricity tariff.
He claimed that when a former electricity regulator tried to reduce tariff, power companies "went running" to the Delhi government in 2010 and Dikshit ordered that the power rates should not be lowered.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!