Cut power use if you can`t afford high bill: Delhi CM
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Sunday urged people to reduce their electricity consumption if they cannot afford high power bills.
"If any family feels that electricity bill is out of their income (limit) and can`t bear it, then use one bulb instead of two. In place of two fans or coolers use one," Dikshit said here at a political rally.
The chief minister also said consumers should not expect low power bills if their usage was high.
"If you use electricity for 24 hours, you will not pay the bill only for five hours," she said.
Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal recently accused Dikshit of conniving with private power distribution companies and not allowing a cut in electricity tariff.
He claimed that when a former electricity regulator tried to reduce tariff, power companies "went running" to the Delhi government in 2010 and Dikshit ordered that the power rates should not be lowered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO