CVC awaits sanction to prosecute 31 corrupt officials
New Delhi: The Central Vigilance Commission is awaiting sanction from different departments for over four months to prosecute as many as 31 government officials for alleged involvement in corrupt practices.
As per the norms, sanction for prosecution has to be decided within four months.
Of the total 21 cases involving these officials, five are related to Ministry of Finance, three each to Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and two each to State Bank of India and Ministry of Coal, among others.
Besides, one case each involving officials of United Bank of India, Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi, Dena Bank, Syndicate Bank, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) and Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) was pending for sanction of prosecution for over four months, according to the latest data, updated till May this year, of the probity watchdog.
"The departments are regularly reminded of the pending cases. We take up the matter during our regular review meetings as well," a CVC official said.
A reminder has also been sent to the departments concerned citing details of a recent Supreme Court verdict on granting sanction to prosecute within four months` time, he said.
Citing an apex court`s order, the CVC has said, "Time limit of three months for grant of sanction for prosecution must be strictly adhered to. However, additional time of one month may be allowed where consultation is required with the Attorney General or any other law officer in the AG`s office".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...