CVO wants more time for collapse probe; act fast, says Cong
New Delhi: Even after a fortnight of the
Lalita Park collapse here that claimed 70 lives, MCD is yet to
complete an internal vigilance inquiry into the incident and
has now sought more time to submit the probe report.
A meeting of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi was
adjourned today after opposition Congress created a ruckus
over the delay in submitting the vigilance report.
A multi-storeyed building with at least two illegal
floors collapsed in Lalita Park in Laxmi Nagar area of east
Delhi. The MCD asked its Chief Vigilance Officer to submit a
probe report in four days but later extended the time-frame as
the CVO said some "complex issues" were involved.
The deliberative wing of the MCD has now asked the
Municipal Commissioner to fix a deadline for submitting the
"The Vigilance Department has once again sought more
time to complete the work. I have asked the Commissioner to
fix a deadline for it. Such delays will not be tolerated,"
said Leader of the MCD House Subhash Arya.
Officials said the CVO has cited absence of proper
records pertaining to the building as one of the major hurdles
in completing the investigation.
Meanwhile, Leader of Opposition in MCD J K Sharma
today said almost 15 days have passed since the incident but
MCD "has not taken any action against any official for
dereliction of duty".
Sharma demanded an inquiry in the working of Building
Department and said the officials who are responsible for the
Lalita Park incident should be taken to task immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow