CWG: BJP demands judicial probe into claim by Tihar undertrials
New Delhi: The BJP on Thursday demanded a
judicial probe into the sensational claim of two undertrials
in Tihar jail that they were provided weapons to kill two top
Commonwealth Games officials currently lodged in the high
security prison on corruption charges.
Terming the claim as "very serious," Delhi BJP chief
Vijender Gupta alleged that a conspiracy has been hatched to
destroy evidence of wrongdoings in the CWG preparations as key
files containing important information also went missing from
the OC office.
"It is a very serious claim. The two undertrials were
said to have been given Rs two crore to eliminate the two
officials. On top of that important files are going missing.
We want a judicial probe to investigate who is behind these
conspiracies," said Gupta. He also demanded immediate removal
of the "top people from the CWG Organising Committee" to
ensure a fair probe.
The undertrials -- Nishant and Amit -- claimed before
a local court on Tuesday that they had been provided with a
pistol and a knife allegedly by Tihar jail officials to kill
two CWG officials lodged in Tihar.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (CMM) Vinod Yadav took
serious note of the claim and sought a detailed report on
December 24 from the Station House Officer of Hari Nagar
police station on various allegations made by the undertrials.
The duo claimed that the Tihar jail officials provided
them a country-made pistol and a knife to eliminate two of the
three CWG officials who are in judicial custody. A knife was
recovered from their barrack.
Three former top Organising Committee officials T S
Darbari, M Jayachandran and Sanjay Mahendroo are presently in
judicial custody in Tihar jail.
"Recovery of weapon from their barrack proves that
their claim was not false," said Gupta.
In their application submitted before the court, the
undertrials have said that they were shifted from the ordinary
cell to high security ward where the controversial CWG
officials are kept in judicial custody.
"The question is why the duo was shifted to high
security ward. From where the weapons had come from? Who took
away important files from OC office. Who is behind all these.
The matter must be probed thoroughly," Gupta said.
Darbari and Mahendroo were arrested on November 15.
Jaychandran is in custody since November 21. All of them are
facing corruption charges.
The application filed by Nishant and Amit, who are
facing trial on murder charges, have not mentioned the names
of the CWG officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks