CWG graft: Hearing against Dikshit deferred
New Delhi: A Delhi court Friday deferred till July 24 hearing on a plea seeking filing of a case against Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit over alleged corruption during the 2010 Commonwealth Games (CWG) here.
While deferring the matter, Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Manish Yaduvanshi asked Delhi Police to file a status report on the complaint in the case.
The court was hearing a complaint filed by Right to Information (RTI) activist Vivek Garg.
Garg, in his application, said a case should be filed against Dikshit, Delhi minister Raj Kumar Chauhan and former chief of the CWG Organising Committee Suresh Kalmadi for alleged corruption in the sporting event.
His counsel Hari Om Gupta told the court that instead of giving a reply, police had said the case was under investigation by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
In a status report filed earlier, police had said all corruption complaints related to the 2010 Games had been sent to the CBI.
Garg has also made allegations against Dikshit on the basis of the report of a committee, headed by former comptroller and auditor general V.K. Shunglu set up by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, on alleged lapses related to the mega-sporting event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark