CWG scam: BJP leader questioned by CBI
New Delhi: CBI on Wednesday questioned BJP leader
Sudhanshu Mittal in connection with its probe into alleged
irregularities in overlays supplies for the Commonwealth Games
held here last year.
Mittal was questioned for nearly seven hours, agency
CBI had registered a case in overlays scam on January six
this year booking Organising Committee official VK Verma in
the alleged irregularities in Rs 600 crore contracts.
Agency sources said Mittal was questioned on his
association with Deepali Designs and Exhibits which got
overlays contract worth Rs 230 crore and is under the scanner.
The premises of the company was searched by the agency in
January this year.
In the overlays scam, CBI had arrested former Deputy
Director General of Organising Committee for Commonwealth
Games VK Verma and four others including former Additional
Director General of CWG Organising Committee KUK Reddy and
supplier Praveen Bakshi, a close aide of former OC Chairman
Suresh Kalmadi, Deorukhkar Shekhar and Director GL Events and
Meroform India Binu Nanu in connection with overlays scam.
CBI has alleged top officials of the Organising Committee
had entered into a criminal conspiracy with officials of
private companies in award of contracts for overlays for
different venues of CWG-2010 at exorbitant rates.
Overlays works included supply of tents, marquees,
prefabricated units, portable toilets, containers, security
fences, furniture, public display LED boards and other such
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection