CWG scam: CBI sends Letters Rogatory to Hong Kong
New Delhi: The CBI has sent a judicial request to Hong Kong seeking information on Jubilee Sports Private Limited, accused of the alleged irregularities in laying of synthetic turf for Lawn Bowl event during 2010 Commonwealth Games.
The agency has sought details on the turf contract from Hong Kong through a judicial request Letters Rogatory, recently.
The CBI had registered the case in April last year naming seven senior engineers of CPWD and DDA for allegedly inflating cost of lying of synthetic turf.
Besides these officials, sports equipment providing company Jubilee Sports Private Limited, which had got the contract for laying of synthetic turf for Lawn Bowl event
during the Games, was also named in the case, official sources have said.
"The firm has provided and laid synthetic outdoor flat Lawn Bowl Greens for Commonwealth Games 2010 in which the accused officials of CPWD and DDA allegedly inflated the costs of the contract from the estimate of Rs six crore to Rs 9.88 crore by including allegedly false amounts against its cost, transportation etc," a CBI spokesperson said.
The case was registered under provisions of Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act related to criminal conspiracy, cheating and misuse of officials position against DDA and CPWD officials and the company, sources said.
Soon after registering the case, the agency had searched the residence of Siddharth Kumar, Director of Jubilee Sports and another official Rajiv Sharma. The office of company at Greater Kailash was also searched, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal