CWG scam: CBI sends Letters Rogatory to Hong Kong
New Delhi: The CBI has sent a judicial request to Hong Kong seeking information on Jubilee Sports Private Limited, accused of the alleged irregularities in laying of synthetic turf for Lawn Bowl event during 2010 Commonwealth Games.
The agency has sought details on the turf contract from Hong Kong through a judicial request Letters Rogatory, recently.
The CBI had registered the case in April last year naming seven senior engineers of CPWD and DDA for allegedly inflating cost of lying of synthetic turf.
Besides these officials, sports equipment providing company Jubilee Sports Private Limited, which had got the contract for laying of synthetic turf for Lawn Bowl event
during the Games, was also named in the case, official sources have said.
"The firm has provided and laid synthetic outdoor flat Lawn Bowl Greens for Commonwealth Games 2010 in which the accused officials of CPWD and DDA allegedly inflated the costs of the contract from the estimate of Rs six crore to Rs 9.88 crore by including allegedly false amounts against its cost, transportation etc," a CBI spokesperson said.
The case was registered under provisions of Indian Penal Code and Prevention of Corruption Act related to criminal conspiracy, cheating and misuse of officials position against DDA and CPWD officials and the company, sources said.
Soon after registering the case, the agency had searched the residence of Siddharth Kumar, Director of Jubilee Sports and another official Rajiv Sharma. The office of company at Greater Kailash was also searched, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured