CWG street lights scam: Congress claims political vendetta
New Delhi: Congress on Thursday attacked Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party, accusing it of resorting to witch hunt by ordering registration of FIR to probe multi-crore street lights scam during 2010 Commonwealth Games.
"It is a witch hunt and an attempt to divert public attention from core issues. It is a clear vendetta politics by AAP," Delhi Congress leader Haroon Yusuf said.
He said the Congress party has always taken action against corrupt persons. "We have always taken strict action against anybody indulging in corruption. We have never let any corrupt man go out of the reach of law," Yusuf, a five-time sitting MLA from Ballimaran assembly constituency in the national capital,said.
He also charged AAP with framing Congress and its leaders for "cheap publicity". The Delhi government today ordered a probe into the street lights purchase scam during the mega sporting event, held here between October 3-14, 2010, in which former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s role had come under the scanner for alleged irregularities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far