Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi
New Delhi: A 75-year-old labourer riding a cycle was killed on Sunday and six others were injured after a speeding Delhi Transport Corporation bus hit them in west Delhi, police said. The bus driver was arrested.
Kapil Dev Sharma, a resident of Uttam Nagar, was killed in the accident that took place around 9.30 am in the Vikaspuri area.
The DTC bus, plying on route number 835 between Jaffarpur Kalan and Tilak Nagar, was heading towards west Delhi`s Tilak Nagar at the time of the incident.
The injured included another cyclist and people travelling on two cycle-rickshaws. They were identified as Jagdish Sharma, Dileep, Naveen, Nitin, Naresh and Sheela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof