Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi
New Delhi: A 75-year-old labourer riding a cycle was killed on Sunday and six others were injured after a speeding Delhi Transport Corporation bus hit them in west Delhi, police said. The bus driver was arrested.
Kapil Dev Sharma, a resident of Uttam Nagar, was killed in the accident that took place around 9.30 am in the Vikaspuri area.
The DTC bus, plying on route number 835 between Jaffarpur Kalan and Tilak Nagar, was heading towards west Delhi`s Tilak Nagar at the time of the incident.
The injured included another cyclist and people travelling on two cycle-rickshaws. They were identified as Jagdish Sharma, Dileep, Naveen, Nitin, Naresh and Sheela.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO