DA case against Safdarjung doctor; CBI conducts searches
New Delhi: The CBI Wednesday carried out
searches on official and residential premises of a senior
doctor at Safdarjung Hospital here after registering a
disproportionate assets case against him.
The investigating agency registered the case against Dr
Rakesh Verma, who is the Head of Cardiology department at the
hospital, official sources said.
CBI teams reached the office and the residence of Kumar
where they carried out searches, they said.
Attempts to contact Verma failed. When called on his
mobile and landline number at his house, the response was
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins