DA case: CBI files charge sheet against ex-CM’s wife
New Delhi: The CBI has filed a charge sheet against a cabinet colleague of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda and his wife for allegedly amassing assets, worth over Rs five crore, disproportionate to their known sources of income.
The case against former Jharkhand Water Resources and
Civil Supplies Minister, Kamlesh Kumar Singh was transferred
from the State Vigilance to the CBI following a direction of
the Jharkhand High Court.
Singh, a relative of former Maharashtra Congress Chief
Kripa Shankar Singh, who is also facing similar charges, was
arrested on November 30, 2009. He was in judicial custody in
"The Central Bureau of Investigation has filed a charge
sheet in the Court of Special Judge, CBI, Ranchi against the
then Minister for Water Resources and Civil Supplies,
Government of Jharkhand, and his wife, for possessing assets
disproportionate to their known sources of income," CBI
spokesperson Dharini Mishra said here on Monday.
"The accused persons allegedly possessed disproportionate
assets to the tune of Rs 5.42 crore," Mishra said.
The spokesperson said CBI has already filed two charge
sheets against Koda and his associates for the alleged misuse
of official position and another against an ex-Minister for
allegedly possessing disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark
- Our plan was to bowl maiden overs against West Indies, says Umesh Yadav
- India bowled with a lot of discipline, says Kraigg Brathwaite