DA case: CBI files charge sheet against ex-CM’s wife
New Delhi: The CBI has filed a charge sheet against a cabinet colleague of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda and his wife for allegedly amassing assets, worth over Rs five crore, disproportionate to their known sources of income.
The case against former Jharkhand Water Resources and
Civil Supplies Minister, Kamlesh Kumar Singh was transferred
from the State Vigilance to the CBI following a direction of
the Jharkhand High Court.
Singh, a relative of former Maharashtra Congress Chief
Kripa Shankar Singh, who is also facing similar charges, was
arrested on November 30, 2009. He was in judicial custody in
"The Central Bureau of Investigation has filed a charge
sheet in the Court of Special Judge, CBI, Ranchi against the
then Minister for Water Resources and Civil Supplies,
Government of Jharkhand, and his wife, for possessing assets
disproportionate to their known sources of income," CBI
spokesperson Dharini Mishra said here on Monday.
"The accused persons allegedly possessed disproportionate
assets to the tune of Rs 5.42 crore," Mishra said.
The spokesperson said CBI has already filed two charge
sheets against Koda and his associates for the alleged misuse
of official position and another against an ex-Minister for
allegedly possessing disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch