DA case: CBI files charge sheet against ex-CM’s wife
New Delhi: The CBI has filed a charge sheet against a cabinet colleague of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda and his wife for allegedly amassing assets, worth over Rs five crore, disproportionate to their known sources of income.
The case against former Jharkhand Water Resources and
Civil Supplies Minister, Kamlesh Kumar Singh was transferred
from the State Vigilance to the CBI following a direction of
the Jharkhand High Court.
Singh, a relative of former Maharashtra Congress Chief
Kripa Shankar Singh, who is also facing similar charges, was
arrested on November 30, 2009. He was in judicial custody in
"The Central Bureau of Investigation has filed a charge
sheet in the Court of Special Judge, CBI, Ranchi against the
then Minister for Water Resources and Civil Supplies,
Government of Jharkhand, and his wife, for possessing assets
disproportionate to their known sources of income," CBI
spokesperson Dharini Mishra said here on Monday.
"The accused persons allegedly possessed disproportionate
assets to the tune of Rs 5.42 crore," Mishra said.
The spokesperson said CBI has already filed two charge
sheets against Koda and his associates for the alleged misuse
of official position and another against an ex-Minister for
allegedly possessing disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi