DA case: CBI files charge sheet against ex-CM’s wife
New Delhi: The CBI has filed a charge sheet against a cabinet colleague of former Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda and his wife for allegedly amassing assets, worth over Rs five crore, disproportionate to their known sources of income.
The case against former Jharkhand Water Resources and
Civil Supplies Minister, Kamlesh Kumar Singh was transferred
from the State Vigilance to the CBI following a direction of
the Jharkhand High Court.
Singh, a relative of former Maharashtra Congress Chief
Kripa Shankar Singh, who is also facing similar charges, was
arrested on November 30, 2009. He was in judicial custody in
"The Central Bureau of Investigation has filed a charge
sheet in the Court of Special Judge, CBI, Ranchi against the
then Minister for Water Resources and Civil Supplies,
Government of Jharkhand, and his wife, for possessing assets
disproportionate to their known sources of income," CBI
spokesperson Dharini Mishra said here on Monday.
"The accused persons allegedly possessed disproportionate
assets to the tune of Rs 5.42 crore," Mishra said.
The spokesperson said CBI has already filed two charge
sheets against Koda and his associates for the alleged misuse
of official position and another against an ex-Minister for
allegedly possessing disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly