Dalit leader Udit Raj to join BJP Monday
New Delhi: Senior Dalit leader Udit Raj will join BJP on Monday saying he wanted to help the party in taking on Aam Aadmi Party and BSP.
"I will be joining BJP tomorrow. I will help BJP in two-three important issues such as taking on AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal, who was my junior in the Indian Revenue Service," Udit Raj told PTI.
He said he will also help the saffron party to tackle BSP leader Mayawati who, he alleged, "has betrayed the cause of Dalits in Uttar Pradesh and outside the state."
Udit Raj, who is the head of the National Confederation of SCs/STs, said he has talked to BJP on issues related to role of Dalits in governance and running the country, and only after that he decided to join the party.
He was an Indian Revenue Service officer and had resigned in 2003 and formed Indian Justice Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month