Dalit leader Udit Raj to join BJP Monday
New Delhi: Senior Dalit leader Udit Raj will join BJP on Monday saying he wanted to help the party in taking on Aam Aadmi Party and BSP.
"I will be joining BJP tomorrow. I will help BJP in two-three important issues such as taking on AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal, who was my junior in the Indian Revenue Service," Udit Raj told PTI.
He said he will also help the saffron party to tackle BSP leader Mayawati who, he alleged, "has betrayed the cause of Dalits in Uttar Pradesh and outside the state."
Udit Raj, who is the head of the National Confederation of SCs/STs, said he has talked to BJP on issues related to role of Dalits in governance and running the country, and only after that he decided to join the party.
He was an Indian Revenue Service officer and had resigned in 2003 and formed Indian Justice Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof