Day 6 of Telangana fast: Chandrababu Naidu forcibly given intravenous fluids
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: On the sixth day of his fast against the formation of Telangana, Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N Chandrababu Naidu was on Saturday forcibly administered intravenous fluids after his health deteriorated, doctors said.
"We were forced to give intravenous drip around 3.00 PM to avoid further deterioration of his health. He is being administered 10-15 drops per minute, which may gradually increase after two hours to improve hydration," said Dr H K Kar, Medical Superintendent of RML Hospital here.
A team of doctors initially tried to persuade Naidu to take intravenous drips, but he refused, Kar added.
The Medical Superintendent said the TDP leader`s health condition was clinically stable, though blood parameters show deterioration. Asked whether he has broken his fast, Kar said, Naidu was not taking anything orally, except water.
"Intravenously, we are giving injection. We hope he breaks his fast soon," he added.
To a query, Kar replied that Naidu should be treated in hospital today. "He must be in the hospital at least for today. Let us see tomorrow," Kar stated on discharging 63-year-old Naidu.
Earlier, the Medical Superintendent said his liver, kidney and heart were functioning abnormally.
On the fifth day of his hunger strike yesterday against Telangana creation, the TDP chief was forcibly evicted by police from Andhra Pradesh Bhavan here amid high drama and chaos. He was admitted in RML Hospital at 4.40 PM yesterday.
Naidu was on hunger strike on the premises since Monday to protest against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and demanding "justice" for all.
A team of doctors comprising a cardiologist, two physicians and four resident doctors are monitoring the condition of Naidu at the RML hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'