Day-care centre for Alzheimer`s patients soon in Delhi
New Delhi: A day-care centre for Alzheimer`s
patients would soon open in the capital, Delhi Finance
Minister A K Walia said on Sunday.
Walia pointed out that the city neither has old age homes
nor day-care centres for Alzheimer`s patients and said he
would try to give shape to the project at the earliest.
"I would like to assure you that we will soon have a
day-care centre for Alzheimer`s patients in central Delhi,"
he said at a function here.
The function was organised by an organisation `Hope Ek
A.S.H.A.`, a voluntary research organisation dedicated to care
of Alzheimer`s patients.
"The cases of dementia will increase with greater life
expectancy. And to tackle the problem the city needs an
Alzheimer`s day-care centre," Walia said.
Dementia (memory loss) or Alzheimer`s is a progressive
illness of the brain that affects mainly the elderly. The
brain cells are damaged and die faster than they normally do
and gradually the person begins to lose ability to function
At present, the country has over 6 million cases of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning