DDA de-notifies several areas of South, East Delhi
New Delhi: The Delhi Development Authority
today decided to denotify several areas of South West and East
Delhi, paving the way for MCD and other agencies of the city
government to provide civic facilities in these localities.
The decision to denotify colonies like Masoodpur,
Mahipalpur, Mehrauli, Vasant Kunj Enclave and other Laldora
colonies under development area 176 in the South-West zone was
taken at a meeting chaired by Lt Governor Tejinder Khanna.
The denotification of this area means that MCD will
immediately take over control of building activities as per
building byelaws and provisions of Municipal Corporation Act
will apply in the area, a DDA spokesperson said.
Similarly, denotification of development area 18,
74, 100 and 181 in the east zone which includes areas such
as Yamuna Marginal Bund, Gazipur, Hasanpur, Mandawali
Fazalpur, Shakarpur, Gharoda Neem Ka Bangar, Shahdara, Chiraga
Mondli, Dallupura, Chilla Saroda Bangar was also approved.
The proposal to denotify these areas was adopted as
they have remained undeveloped for a very long time despite
being declared development area, the spokesperson said.
There has also been a persistent demand from
various quarters to denotify these areas as the ground reality
has changed and these areas had become almost fully developed.
The meeting also decided to introduce new norms for
development of unplanned areas like slum, villages and Jhuggi
Jhonpri resettlement colonies.
As per the new norms, redevelopment can take place on
a minimum plot size of 2,000 sqms facing a minimum road width
of nine meters with a density of 600 residential units per
For planned areas, it has been proposed that influence
zone along the MRTS (mass rapid transit system) corridors and
sub-zones on the basis of physical features such as metro,
roads, drains, high tension lines etc should be identified and
the redevelopment plans should be approved in two stages.
It also relaxed norms of floor area ratio on these
redeveloped residential areas.
The board decided that planning permission be given
for area around four hectares if approved layout plan/
redevelopment plan does not exist.
In this, clusters block for minimum area of 3,000 sqms
(after land pooling by owners and individual) so as to provide
minimum 30 per cent area as common greens beside circulation
and other facilities would be provided.
As per these guidelines, permission for redevelopment
in residential areas shall not be general to the plots and
buildings falling under residential areas but shall be case-
Development charges, increased FAR (floor area ratio)
charges and land use conversion charges as decided by the
government from time to time shall be payable by the
Relaxing existing norms, the meeting also decided to
give jobs to 301 dependents of deceased DDA employees. As per
norms, only five per cent jobs are reserved for appointment
under this category.
This decision will bring relief to a number of
families waiting for appointment on compassionate ground since
the year 1996.
A proposal for relaxation of service period from
existing eight years to five years for promotion from head
security guard to assistant security guard was approved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- 7th CPC: Committee of Secretaries on Allowances to meet on September 1; invites employees' unions for talks
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you