DDA flat likely for Delhi gang-rape victim’s family
New Delhi: Government is likely to allot a flat to the family of the 23-year-old girl who was gang-raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus here last December.
The middle income group Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flat costing around Rs 50 lakh would be allotted from the vacant pool, sources said.
The proposal has been mooted by the Urban Development ministry for cabinet`s approval.
The issue of allotting a flat for the victim`s family, which hails from Ballia in UP, had come up during a visit by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi earlier this month to their residence here.
The girl, a paramedic student, was gang-raped by six people and brutally assaulted on December 16 triggering a massive nationwide uproar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says