DDA flat likely for Delhi gang-rape victim’s family
New Delhi: Government is likely to allot a flat to the family of the 23-year-old girl who was gang-raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus here last December.
The middle income group Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flat costing around Rs 50 lakh would be allotted from the vacant pool, sources said.
The proposal has been mooted by the Urban Development ministry for cabinet`s approval.
The issue of allotting a flat for the victim`s family, which hails from Ballia in UP, had come up during a visit by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi earlier this month to their residence here.
The girl, a paramedic student, was gang-raped by six people and brutally assaulted on December 16 triggering a massive nationwide uproar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report