DDA flat likely for Delhi gang-rape victim’s family
New Delhi: Government is likely to allot a flat to the family of the 23-year-old girl who was gang-raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus here last December.
The middle income group Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flat costing around Rs 50 lakh would be allotted from the vacant pool, sources said.
The proposal has been mooted by the Urban Development ministry for cabinet`s approval.
The issue of allotting a flat for the victim`s family, which hails from Ballia in UP, had come up during a visit by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi earlier this month to their residence here.
The girl, a paramedic student, was gang-raped by six people and brutally assaulted on December 16 triggering a massive nationwide uproar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know