DDA flat likely for Delhi gang-rape victim’s family
New Delhi: Government is likely to allot a flat to the family of the 23-year-old girl who was gang-raped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus here last December.
The middle income group Delhi Development Authority (DDA) flat costing around Rs 50 lakh would be allotted from the vacant pool, sources said.
The proposal has been mooted by the Urban Development ministry for cabinet`s approval.
The issue of allotting a flat for the victim`s family, which hails from Ballia in UP, had come up during a visit by UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi earlier this month to their residence here.
The girl, a paramedic student, was gang-raped by six people and brutally assaulted on December 16 triggering a massive nationwide uproar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city