DDA flats to be given on preferential basis for acquired land
New Delhi: Delhi Government will offer flats on preferential basis to people for their land acquired in urban areas for infrastructure projects except for expansion of metro network.
The provision has been made in the new resettlement and rehabilitation policy of the government which was given an "in-principle approval" by Delhi Cabinet on Monday.
Officials said government would pay land owners monetary compensation as per the prevailing market rates but besides that government would offer DDA flats for which land owners will have to pay full cost.
The new provision has been made to ensure that people get residential accomodation if their residential plot is acquired by the government for infrastructure projects.
"The provision has been made to ensure that people do not find it difficult to get residential accomodation if their residential plot is acquired by the government for infrastructure projects other than metro projects," said the officials.
The new resettlement and rehabilitation policy, which will come into retrospective effect from September 19, 2011, has already been approved by the Union Urban Development Ministry.
The officials said although Cabinet has given "in principle" approval to the policy, there are areas which need to be examined further in the policy.
They said if government acquires land between 100 square metres and 200 sq metres, than the land owner would be offered a low income group (LIG) DDA flat while for plot of land above 200 sq metre and less than 300 sq metre, an MIG (middle income group) flat would be offered.
If the acquired land measures above 300 squre metre, than the government would offer a high income group (HIG) flat to the land owner.
The officials said the government would only pay the land owners the land values and they will have the option of taking a flat from the DDA by paying its cost.
"It is a unique policy. People from whom government takes land would benefit a lot as they would have the option of getting a DDA flat," said the officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH