DDA Rohini draw: Over 24,000 plots allotted
New Delhi: The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) on Tuesday (June 13) allotted plots to over 24,000 applicants under the Rohini Residential Scheme, three decades after it was floated.
The DDA allotted plots to the applicants under different categories through a draw.
According to a DDA spokesperson, among the plots allotted include 4,402 plots under economically weaker section (EWS) category, 12,350 under low income group category (LIG) and 7,777 under middle income group category.
The DDA had floated the Rohini Residential Scheme way back in 1981 and had received a total of 82,384 applications.
Yesterday’s was one of the biggest draws in the DDA’s history.
The plots that were allotted yesterday are of dimensions 60 square metres, 32 square metres and 26 square metres.
The allottees, however, will still have to wait for some more time before they can take possession of the plots.
A DDA official said since the registrations were made over 30 years back, the authority needs to verify their genuineness and eligibility before the possession is given.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers