DDA Rohini draw: Over 24,000 plots allotted
New Delhi: The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) on Tuesday (June 13) allotted plots to over 24,000 applicants under the Rohini Residential Scheme, three decades after it was floated.
The DDA allotted plots to the applicants under different categories through a draw.
According to a DDA spokesperson, among the plots allotted include 4,402 plots under economically weaker section (EWS) category, 12,350 under low income group category (LIG) and 7,777 under middle income group category.
The DDA had floated the Rohini Residential Scheme way back in 1981 and had received a total of 82,384 applications.
Yesterday’s was one of the biggest draws in the DDA’s history.
The plots that were allotted yesterday are of dimensions 60 square metres, 32 square metres and 26 square metres.
The allottees, however, will still have to wait for some more time before they can take possession of the plots.
A DDA official said since the registrations were made over 30 years back, the authority needs to verify their genuineness and eligibility before the possession is given.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Under construction building collapses in Hyderabad, several labourers trapped
- What a dance! Pakistan's 'Hrithik Roshan' enthralls judges of America's Got Talent - WATCH
- BSF, Pakistan Rangers to hold DG-level talks in Islamabad next week
- Colossal buzz! Karan Johar mighty impressed with Riteish Deshmukh's 'Banjo'- See teaser poster
- India, US solar case: WTO appellate body's ruling in mid-Sept