DDA Rohini draw: Over 24,000 plots allotted
New Delhi: The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) on Tuesday (June 13) allotted plots to over 24,000 applicants under the Rohini Residential Scheme, three decades after it was floated.
The DDA allotted plots to the applicants under different categories through a draw.
According to a DDA spokesperson, among the plots allotted include 4,402 plots under economically weaker section (EWS) category, 12,350 under low income group category (LIG) and 7,777 under middle income group category.
The DDA had floated the Rohini Residential Scheme way back in 1981 and had received a total of 82,384 applications.
Yesterday’s was one of the biggest draws in the DDA’s history.
The plots that were allotted yesterday are of dimensions 60 square metres, 32 square metres and 26 square metres.
The allottees, however, will still have to wait for some more time before they can take possession of the plots.
A DDA official said since the registrations were made over 30 years back, the authority needs to verify their genuineness and eligibility before the possession is given.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter