DDA to allow CWG flats to Central govt officials
New Delhi: The Delhi Development Authority
has decided to allot CWG Village flats from its pool to
Central Government and PSU officials after they made several
requests in this regard.
The decision to allot the flats were taken at a meeting
in May and a proposal of DDA to amend DDA (Management &
Disposal of Housing Estates) Regulations, 1968 was approved by
the Ministry of Urban Development to enable the agency to
dispose of these flats.
"DDA has also informed that to get an idea of prevailing
market rates, around 100 flats of all categories would be put
to auction/through sealed bidding process for these flats,"
Minister of State for Urban Development Saugata Roy told Lok
DDA has also finalised the basic rate of Rs 16,200 per
sq.ft as the reserve price to be offered through tender.
"These flats will be offered at the tendered price," he said.
To a separate question, Roy said the DDA has received
complaints that garages of some of its flats in the capital
are being used as small shops.
In the last one year, 57 complaints were received from
Dwarka zone, while 14 from Rohini, North (9) and South (2).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani