DDA to distribute 1981 housing scheme plots
New Delhi: In a ray of hope to 25,000 home
seekers who had applied in a DDA housing scheme 30 years ago,
the land developing agency has told the Delhi High Court that
it would give physical possession of the plots to successful
applicants within one and half years.
G S Patnaik, Vice Chairman of DDA, filed an affidavit
before a bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra saying the
lay out plans, regarding 21,328 plots, at various residential
pockets in Rohini have already been approved by a screening
"The layout plan of these pockets for various categories
of residential plots are duly approved by the screening
committee for plots numbering 21,328," the affidavit said.
DDA further said the layout plans have been released by
the Planning Department for "ascertaining feasibility,
demarcation and subsequent allotment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir