DDA to distribute 1981 housing scheme plots
New Delhi: In a ray of hope to 25,000 home
seekers who had applied in a DDA housing scheme 30 years ago,
the land developing agency has told the Delhi High Court that
it would give physical possession of the plots to successful
applicants within one and half years.
G S Patnaik, Vice Chairman of DDA, filed an affidavit
before a bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra saying the
lay out plans, regarding 21,328 plots, at various residential
pockets in Rohini have already been approved by a screening
"The layout plan of these pockets for various categories
of residential plots are duly approved by the screening
committee for plots numbering 21,328," the affidavit said.
DDA further said the layout plans have been released by
the Planning Department for "ascertaining feasibility,
demarcation and subsequent allotment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'