DDA to distribute 1981 housing scheme plots
New Delhi: In a ray of hope to 25,000 home
seekers who had applied in a DDA housing scheme 30 years ago,
the land developing agency has told the Delhi High Court that
it would give physical possession of the plots to successful
applicants within one and half years.
G S Patnaik, Vice Chairman of DDA, filed an affidavit
before a bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra saying the
lay out plans, regarding 21,328 plots, at various residential
pockets in Rohini have already been approved by a screening
"The layout plan of these pockets for various categories
of residential plots are duly approved by the screening
committee for plots numbering 21,328," the affidavit said.
DDA further said the layout plans have been released by
the Planning Department for "ascertaining feasibility,
demarcation and subsequent allotment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out