DDA to distribute 1981 housing scheme plots
New Delhi: In a ray of hope to 25,000 home
seekers who had applied in a DDA housing scheme 30 years ago,
the land developing agency has told the Delhi High Court that
it would give physical possession of the plots to successful
applicants within one and half years.
G S Patnaik, Vice Chairman of DDA, filed an affidavit
before a bench headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra saying the
lay out plans, regarding 21,328 plots, at various residential
pockets in Rohini have already been approved by a screening
"The layout plan of these pockets for various categories
of residential plots are duly approved by the screening
committee for plots numbering 21,328," the affidavit said.
DDA further said the layout plans have been released by
the Planning Department for "ascertaining feasibility,
demarcation and subsequent allotment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed