Dead Delhi stunt biker`s mother meets police chief
New Delhi: The mother of a stunt biker shot dead by Delhi Police July 28 Wednesday met the Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi and demanded action against the officer who fired the bullets that led to her son`s death.
Motorbike stunts by around 100 young men in the heart of Delhi forced Police Control Room (PCR) Inspector Rajneesh Parmar to open fire. Karan Pandey, who was riding pillion on Punit`s motorcycle, was killed in the firing.
Manju Pandey, the mother of the deceased 19-year-old Karan, told a news agency that she was "satisfied with the assurance" of Delhi Police Commissioner Bhim Sain Bassi.
"I met the Commissioner and demanded proper action against Inspector Rajneesh Parmar who shot my son. The Commissioner assured me that proper action will be taken soon. He also assured me that all Delhi police force is with me," said Pandey.
Punit, also 19, was injured when he fell off the bike.
Police said the officer fired at the tyre of the motorcycle after issuing three warnings, but a bullet hit Karan.
The victims were taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, where Karan was declared dead. Punit was discharged after treatment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy