Deal with model code violation complaints within 24 hours: EC
New Delhi: Delhi`s Chief Electoral Officer on Tuesday instructed Returning Officers (ROs) to dispose of all complaints received by the district control room set up for the upcoming Assembly polls within 24 hours of receipt of the same with the action taken report to be updated in the system.
The control room had today received 13 complaints altogether from the nine districts till 8.30 A.M. Following which Dev instructed all ROs to take the necessary action by 5 P.M. to address the complaints.
Till date, 4,115 complaints have been received through the control room cum call centre and online out of which 4,062 have been disposed of. The remaining complaints are being looked into, Chief Electoral Officer Vijay Dev said today.
Dev said they had filed 336 FIRs till yesterday against political parties in Delhi for alleged violations of the model of conduct. Aam Aadmi Party tops that list with 237 FIRs lodged against it.
A total of 5,784 hoardings have till date been removed from public property and 237 FIRs were lodged in connection with these violations.
The number of hoardings removed from private property stood at 3,147 with 78 FIRs having been lodged over those.
As of today, a total 18,148 persons have been booked against whom preventive action under various sections of CrPC and DP Act was being taken while 986 licensed arms were deposited. Also, 39 unlicensed arms and 46 bullets have been seized.
Also, 1,417 bottles containing 394.07 litres of Indian Made Foreign Liquor have been seized along with 2,111 bottles containing 1,302.84 litres of country liquor and 250 beer bottles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends