Dec 16 gang-rape convict refused to undergo TIP: MM tells court
New Delhi: A magistrate on Tuesday told a Delhi court that Akshay Thakur, one of the four death row convicts in the December 16 gang-rape and murder case, had refused to participate in test identification parade despite being warned that it would go against him during the trial.
Deposing as a prosecution witness in a separate case lodged against the convicts for allegedly robbing a carpenter in the moving bus before they gang-raped and brutally assaulted a 23-year-old student, Metropolitan Magistrate Amitabh Rawat said that an application for conducting TIP of Akshay was moved by the police before him.
"He (Akshay) refused to participate in TIP. He was warned that his refusal may go against him during the trial, still he stated that he does not want to participate in TIP," the magistrate told Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash.
During the cross examination, Rawat denied the suggestions of defence counsel that Akshay had stated that his photograph was taken by Superintendent of Police (SP) of Aurangabad in Bihar from where he was arrested in connection with the case.
"It is incorrect to suggest that Akshay disclosed that complainant had seen him in police station," he said.
During the proceedings, the court also concluded recording of statement of fingerprint expert A D Shah, a prosecution witness in the case.
Shah told the court that he had prepared the report on specimens of fingerprints and palm prints of the victim, complainant as well as the accused persons, which were lifted from the bus.
He said the specimen samples were lifted from the bus by experts and he had prepared the report after conducting its examination.
Shah denied the suggestions of the defence counsel that the purpose of the forensic experts to visit the bus stationed at Thyaga Raj stadium here was to create "false evidence".
Besides Akshay, Vinay Sharma, Mukesh and Pawan Gupta, who all were awarded death penalty on September 13 by a special fast track court here in the gangrape and murder case, are facing trial in the robbery case.
They are accused of luring a carpenter, Ram Adhar, into the bus and robbing him before raping and assaulting the girl in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16 last year. The girl had died in a Singapore hospital on December 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly