Dec 16 gang-rape: IO denies false case against accused
New Delhi: The crucial cross-examination of the lady police officer probing the December 16 gang-rape on Tuesday commenced in the Delhi court where she refuted the charge by the accused that a false case has been foisted on them at the behest of a criminal lawyer and uncle of victim`s male friend.
The officer, who is also the prime witness in the case, replied in the negative to the question that the victim`s initial statement was manipulated by her as the names of the accused were not mentioned in it.
"It is wrong to suggest that I met the maternal uncle (a criminal advocate) of the complainant (male friend of victim), in hospital. It is further wrong to suggest that the maternal uncle of the complainant, with an intention to save his nephew, had been requesting me to make false case against the accused persons," she said in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
The sub-inspector, posted at Vasant Vihar police station here, in her cross-examination by accused Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur said she was told about the number of assailants in the bus.
"It is further wrong to suggest that the complainant had not told me about the number of the assailants (accused) in the bus. However, it is correct that he did not tell the registration number of the bus or the names of the accused persons," she said to a question by the accused`s counsel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you