Dec 16 gang-rape: IO denies false case against accused
New Delhi: The crucial cross-examination of the lady police officer probing the December 16 gang-rape on Tuesday commenced in the Delhi court where she refuted the charge by the accused that a false case has been foisted on them at the behest of a criminal lawyer and uncle of victim`s male friend.
The officer, who is also the prime witness in the case, replied in the negative to the question that the victim`s initial statement was manipulated by her as the names of the accused were not mentioned in it.
"It is wrong to suggest that I met the maternal uncle (a criminal advocate) of the complainant (male friend of victim), in hospital. It is further wrong to suggest that the maternal uncle of the complainant, with an intention to save his nephew, had been requesting me to make false case against the accused persons," she said in the court of Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
The sub-inspector, posted at Vasant Vihar police station here, in her cross-examination by accused Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur said she was told about the number of assailants in the bus.
"It is further wrong to suggest that the complainant had not told me about the number of the assailants (accused) in the bus. However, it is correct that he did not tell the registration number of the bus or the names of the accused persons," she said to a question by the accused`s counsel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog