Dec 16 gang-rape: Police claim enough medical evidence against accused
New Delhi: The police on Wednesday told the Delhi High Court that there are enough medical evidence against the four accused for their involvement in December 16 gang-rape case.
The court is hearing the final arguments on a day-to-day basis in the trial court`s reference to it for confirmation of death sentence awarded to four convicts in the case.
Continuing his argument on behalf of police, Special Public Prosecutor, Dayan Krishnan told the bench of justices Reva Khetrapal and Pratibha Rani that the trial court had relied on the DNA analysis report, the testimonies of doctors from Safdajung Hospital and also from Singapore where the victim died.
Referring to the testimonies of a doctor from Safdarjung Hospital, Krishnan said "the grievous injuries inflicted on the victim themselves explain the brutality and extreme torture."
He also cited the DNA test report against the accused persons and said "the report clearly established the involvement of the accused..."
The lawyer also referred to the postmortem report prepared by the doctor from Singapore and said that as per the report, the victim`s death was due to injuries she had received.
The trial court had on September 13 awarded death penalty to Mukesh, Vinay, Pawan Kumar Gupta and Akshay for raping the 23-year-old girl in a moving bus in south Delhi on the night of December 16 last year.
The lawyer had earlier claimed that the complainant had not given any contradictory statement before the police and the court during the trial and said "no question to contradict the prosecution witness`s statement was asked by the counsel for the accused before the trial court."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof