Dec16 gang-rape witness stands by statement
New Delhi: A carpenter, who was allegedly assaulted and robbed by the six accused of the December 16 gang-rape case, Friday stood by his statement in a special court here by saying it was they who had committed the offence.
Ramadhar, who appeared as a prosecution witness before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, pointed at each of the four accused present in the court room saying they are the same persons who had robbed and caused "injuries to me and later pushed in a manner that I would come under the wheels".
"It was because of God that I survived otherwise on December 16, 2012, they would have killed me," he told the judge adding he not lying.
He also said he had boarded the bus for Khanpur but the moment one among the six persons said that it will be going to some other destination, he tried to get off but the accused stopped him and asked Mukesh to run the bus fast.
"It is wrong to suggest that no incident took place with me or that I had not boarded the offending bus on that day...
"It is wrong to suggest that I had given a false statement or that I was shown photographs of the accused persons in the police station or that for that reason I had identified them or that I was informed about the description of the accused outside the court or that the police had made me sign on blank papers or that accused had not rob me of my mobile phone or my money...," Ramadhar said during his cross-examination.
Dinesh Yadav and Ramadhar were summoned as prosecution witnesses after the police had said that their examination was necessary for a fair trial in the matter.
On December 16 last year, Ramadhar was lured into the bus and robbed by the six accused before they gangraped the girl in a moving bus in south Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday