December 16 convicts` statement to be recorded in robbery case
New Delhi: A court here Friday fixed March 7 for recording of the statement of the Dec 16 gang rape convicts, accused in a robbery case.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash Jan 10 had concluded looking at the evidence in the robbery case against the gang rape convicts.
A total of 37 prosecution witnesses were examined in the case.
The court allowed the plea of Vinay Sharma, accused in the case, to appear in an examination March 9 for a clerical job in a government organisation.
Sharma, Akshay Thakur, Mukesh and Pawan Gupta are facing trial for allegedly beating up and robbing carpenter Ram Adhar, before raping and assaulting a 23-year-old woman in a moving bus Dec 16, 2012. They have been sentenced to death in the gang rape case, and hearings on confirmation of the sentence are underway in the Delhi High Court.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Rio Olympics Goodwill Ambassador row: Yogeshwar Dutt criticised by Twitterati for opposing Salman Khan's appointment
- Recovery across key sectors 'surprisingly strong': Nomura
- Took liberty to up entertainment quotient in 'Azhar': Emraan Hashmi
- PHOTO: Vintage Sachin! When Master Blaster turned out for Yorkshire
- AgustaWestland scam: Arvind Kejriwal dares BJP to arrest Congress chief Sonia Gandhi