December 16 convicts` statement to be recorded in robbery case
New Delhi: A court here Friday fixed March 7 for recording of the statement of the Dec 16 gang rape convicts, accused in a robbery case.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash Jan 10 had concluded looking at the evidence in the robbery case against the gang rape convicts.
A total of 37 prosecution witnesses were examined in the case.
The court allowed the plea of Vinay Sharma, accused in the case, to appear in an examination March 9 for a clerical job in a government organisation.
Sharma, Akshay Thakur, Mukesh and Pawan Gupta are facing trial for allegedly beating up and robbing carpenter Ram Adhar, before raping and assaulting a 23-year-old woman in a moving bus Dec 16, 2012. They have been sentenced to death in the gang rape case, and hearings on confirmation of the sentence are underway in the Delhi High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!