December 16 convicts` statement to be recorded in robbery case
New Delhi: A court here Friday fixed March 7 for recording of the statement of the Dec 16 gang rape convicts, accused in a robbery case.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash Jan 10 had concluded looking at the evidence in the robbery case against the gang rape convicts.
A total of 37 prosecution witnesses were examined in the case.
The court allowed the plea of Vinay Sharma, accused in the case, to appear in an examination March 9 for a clerical job in a government organisation.
Sharma, Akshay Thakur, Mukesh and Pawan Gupta are facing trial for allegedly beating up and robbing carpenter Ram Adhar, before raping and assaulting a 23-year-old woman in a moving bus Dec 16, 2012. They have been sentenced to death in the gang rape case, and hearings on confirmation of the sentence are underway in the Delhi High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets