December 16 gang-rape: Girl`s parents want convicts to be hanged
New Delhi: The parents of the December 16 gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old victim wants the four adult convicts to be hanged as this day reminds them of their daughter`s last wish that her assaulters be not left alive.
The girl`s mother and father, who were also present in the courtroom when the prosecution and defence counsel were arguing on the quantum of sentence before Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, spoke to the media when the court reserved its order on sentence for September 13.
The mother, who was seen hearing the arguments carefully, and could be seen smiling when the prosecution sought death for the convicts, said they have been waiting for this moment ever since their daughter succumbed to the sexual assault by the six men.
"Justice will only be said to be done when all of them are hanged. Why should the court show mercy to them when they didn`t think twice before assaulting our only daughter?"
The victim`s father said "the day reminds me of the moment when she said all of them should be burnt. We want nothing but death."
The victim`s brother and male friend, who is said to be the sole eye witness to the brutal assault on the paramedic, did not turn up to attend today`s proceedings.
Mukesh, Akshay Thakur, Vinay Sharma and Pawan Gupta, were found guilty of gangrape, murder, having unnatural sex and robbery among other offences which can fetch them death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections