Declare water emergency, deploy more water tankers: Cong
New Delhi: Congress on Wednesday demanded Delhi Jal Board to declare "water emergency" and immediately deploy 500 more water tankers in the wake of acute shortage of water in various parts of the city.
A delegation of Congress leaders -- Jagdish Tytler, Mukesh Sharma, Mateen Ahmed and Hasan Ahmed -- led by DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely today met the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) CEO.
They demanded water emergency be declared in the national Capital and also immediate deployment of 500 more water tankers to tackle water shortage in Delhi.
The Congress delegation also had a minor clash with the police at DJB Headquarters after they did not allowed them to meet DJB CEO to hand over their memorandum. They were later allowed to meet the Jal Board chief following intervention of senior police officials.
"Water emergency should immediately be declared in Delhi and 500 more water tankers deployed to tackle the situation," DPCC chief Arvinder Singh Lovely told reporters here.
Congress leaders said there was acute water shortage in West, South and North Delhi like Bindapur, Budella Village in Vikaspuri, Devli, Chattarpur, Sangam Vihar, Palam, Brijwasan, Jaffrabad, Kakrola, Dwarka, Ambedkar Nagar.
The delegation also demanded that DJB should also put the Delhi Fire Services for the distribution of drinking water.
Meanwhile, some Congress workers, continuing their stir against the power and water crisis, today held a dharna against the BJP and the AAP near the Shahdara Metro station and blocked roads, causing traffic jams for several hours.
DPCC chief spokesperson Mukesh Sharma said that Congress workers will hold chakka jams at the Babu Ram Chowk, Shahdara at 11 AM tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble