Declared dead, militant arrested 20 years later
New Delhi: A Sikh militant, who was declared dead 20 years ago, was arrested by the special cell of Delhi Police, an official said Monday.
The militant has been identified as Sukhwinder alias Sukkha.
Police said on the basis of information, raids were conducted in various areas of Punjab, Haryana, Gurgaon, Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
"The militant had taken on another name to mislead authorities. He was arrested two days ago," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi