Declared dead, militant arrested 20 years later
New Delhi: A Sikh militant, who was declared dead 20 years ago, was arrested by the special cell of Delhi Police, an official said Monday.
The militant has been identified as Sukhwinder alias Sukkha.
Police said on the basis of information, raids were conducted in various areas of Punjab, Haryana, Gurgaon, Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
"The militant had taken on another name to mislead authorities. He was arrested two days ago," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?