Declared dead, militant arrested 20 years later
New Delhi: A Sikh militant, who was declared dead 20 years ago, was arrested by the special cell of Delhi Police, an official said Monday.
The militant has been identified as Sukhwinder alias Sukkha.
Police said on the basis of information, raids were conducted in various areas of Punjab, Haryana, Gurgaon, Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
"The militant had taken on another name to mislead authorities. He was arrested two days ago," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog