Declared dead, militant arrested 20 years later
New Delhi: A Sikh militant, who was declared dead 20 years ago, was arrested by the special cell of Delhi Police, an official said Monday.
The militant has been identified as Sukhwinder alias Sukkha.
Police said on the basis of information, raids were conducted in various areas of Punjab, Haryana, Gurgaon, Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
"The militant had taken on another name to mislead authorities. He was arrested two days ago," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly