Deepak Bhardwaj murder case: Pratimanand the mastermind, claims Delhi Police
New Delhi: In a sensational twist in the BSP leader and businessman Deepak Bharadwaj murder case, Delhi Police sources on Saturday claimed that controversial spiritual guru Swami Patimanand was the mastermind behind the entire assassination plot.
As per reports, the Haridwar-based spiritual guru has gone missing since his name appeared in the media in connection with Bhardwaj’s murder.
Reports also quoted Delhi Police officials as saying that probe was getting affected as Pratimanand is absconding.
The spiritual guru, who lives in a Ashram in Haridwar’s Kankhal, had a dispute with the real estate tycoon Deepak Bhardwaj over a property in Bahadurgarh, said to be worth several crores.
Apart from Pratimanand, cops also suspect the involvement of a sadhvi and two others in the murder plot.
Over 200 people have so far been questioned in the case.
Bharadwaj`s family hasn`t yet been give a clean chit, cops said and added that the accused have changed 10 SIM cards since November 2012.
Deepak Bhardwaj was shot dead at his south Delhi farmhouse on March 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!