Deepak Bhardwaj murder case: Pratimanand the mastermind, claims Delhi Police
New Delhi: In a sensational twist in the BSP leader and businessman Deepak Bharadwaj murder case, Delhi Police sources on Saturday claimed that controversial spiritual guru Swami Patimanand was the mastermind behind the entire assassination plot.
As per reports, the Haridwar-based spiritual guru has gone missing since his name appeared in the media in connection with Bhardwaj’s murder.
Reports also quoted Delhi Police officials as saying that probe was getting affected as Pratimanand is absconding.
The spiritual guru, who lives in a Ashram in Haridwar’s Kankhal, had a dispute with the real estate tycoon Deepak Bhardwaj over a property in Bahadurgarh, said to be worth several crores.
Apart from Pratimanand, cops also suspect the involvement of a sadhvi and two others in the murder plot.
Over 200 people have so far been questioned in the case.
Bharadwaj`s family hasn`t yet been give a clean chit, cops said and added that the accused have changed 10 SIM cards since November 2012.
Deepak Bhardwaj was shot dead at his south Delhi farmhouse on March 26.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference