Def Min staff, DRI constable among 5 arrested for molestation
New Delhi: Five persons, including a Defence Ministry staff and a constable of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, were arrested for allegedly molesting a woman and trying to forcibly take her in their car on Sunday, police said on Wednesday.
All the five persons involved in the case were arrested after a complaint filed by Roshni Devi, who alleged that her daughter-in-law was molested by the group at her hut in Bawana in northwest Delhi.
The five persons have been identified as Mahender (26), Sunil Dahiya (25), Rajneesh (28), Gopal (28) and Basant (31).
While Gopal is a multi-task staff in the Defence Ministry, Basant is a head constable in DRI.
Devi alleged that on Sunday the five men came in a car and entered into their hut when she along with her daughter-in-law was busy cooking dinner.
"They molested Reena and tried to abduct her at which Roshni Devi resisted and shouted. People gathered and overpowered them. All the five men have been arrested," a senior police official said, quoting the complainant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test