Def Min staff, DRI constable among 5 arrested for molestation
New Delhi: Five persons, including a Defence Ministry staff and a constable of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, were arrested for allegedly molesting a woman and trying to forcibly take her in their car on Sunday, police said on Wednesday.
All the five persons involved in the case were arrested after a complaint filed by Roshni Devi, who alleged that her daughter-in-law was molested by the group at her hut in Bawana in northwest Delhi.
The five persons have been identified as Mahender (26), Sunil Dahiya (25), Rajneesh (28), Gopal (28) and Basant (31).
While Gopal is a multi-task staff in the Defence Ministry, Basant is a head constable in DRI.
Devi alleged that on Sunday the five men came in a car and entered into their hut when she along with her daughter-in-law was busy cooking dinner.
"They molested Reena and tried to abduct her at which Roshni Devi resisted and shouted. People gathered and overpowered them. All the five men have been arrested," a senior police official said, quoting the complainant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!