Def Min staff, DRI constable among 5 arrested for molestation
New Delhi: Five persons, including a Defence Ministry staff and a constable of Directorate of Revenue Intelligence, were arrested for allegedly molesting a woman and trying to forcibly take her in their car on Sunday, police said on Wednesday.
All the five persons involved in the case were arrested after a complaint filed by Roshni Devi, who alleged that her daughter-in-law was molested by the group at her hut in Bawana in northwest Delhi.
The five persons have been identified as Mahender (26), Sunil Dahiya (25), Rajneesh (28), Gopal (28) and Basant (31).
While Gopal is a multi-task staff in the Defence Ministry, Basant is a head constable in DRI.
Devi alleged that on Sunday the five men came in a car and entered into their hut when she along with her daughter-in-law was busy cooking dinner.
"They molested Reena and tried to abduct her at which Roshni Devi resisted and shouted. People gathered and overpowered them. All the five men have been arrested," a senior police official said, quoting the complainant.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev