Defamation case: Court asks for Dikshit`s medical records
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit was Friday asked by a court here to submit her medical records related to her treatment after she sought exemption from personal appearance in the defamation case which she had filed against former city BJP chief Vijender Gupta.
Annoyed by the submission of Dikshit`s counsel Mehmood Pracha that she was unable to appear before the court as she is undergoing treatment, Metropolitan Magistrate Namrita Aggarwal asked him to submit the medical documents before the court on April 27, the next date of hearing.
While allowing Dikshit`s plea for exemption for a day only, the court also observed that the matter was earlier fixed for today on the Chief Minister`s assurance that she would appear in person before it.
Dikshit had two days back visited a city hospital for a health check up, five months after she had underwent an angioplasty.
On February 18, the court had asked the chief minister to "positively" appear before it today which was fixed after the submission made by Pracha that Dikshit could appear on April 4, 5 or 6.
The chief minister through her counsel on February 18 had sought exemption from personal appearance on the ground that she had prior engagements at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Gupta, who is facing the defamation case, also sought exemption today saying he has to participate in a protest against the chief minister. While allowing Gupta`s plea, the court asked him to be present before it on April 27.
Dikshit had filed the criminal defamation case against Gupta alleging that the BJP leader used "uncivilised" language against her in the run up to the MCD polls last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai