Defence counsel`s remark in gang-rape case `outrageous`: Anand Sharma
New Delhi: Commerce Minister Anand Sharma on Sunday termed the controversial remark of one of the defence lawyers in the December 16 gang-rape case as "outrageous".
"What he has said is outrageous and deserves to be condemned," he told reporters here.
He said that the Bar Council of India should take action against the lawyer.
"...By uttering such things, he has assaulted the dignity of the noble profession. Justice have to be done and justice has been delivered," he added.
One of the defence lawyers in the December 16 gang-rape case has courted trouble with his remarks that he would have burnt alive his daughter had she been having premarital sex and moving around at night with her boyfriend.
The Delhi Bar Council has taken a serious view of the comment of A P Singh, lawyer for two of the convicts, after it received many complaints from NGOs and other organisations condemning the statement made by him.
Apparently referring to the 23-year-old victim in the December 16 incident, Singh had told the media in reply to a question, "...If my daughter was having premarital sex and moving around at night with her boyfriend, I would have burnt her alive. I would not have let this situation happen. All parents should adopt such an attitude."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands