Defence ministry official killed wife after fight?
New Delhi: Strains in their relationship due to their childless state could have led a defence ministry official to strangle to death his wife in a fit of rage and then kill himself, police said Monday evening, three days after the bodies were discovered in their south Delhi home.
According to police, Kumar Yashkar Sinha, 42, may have killed his wife, Archana Sharma, 32, because she was unable to conceive even after seven years of their marriage.
The bodies of Sinha and his wife were found Friday at their Hudco Place residence, flat number SB-101, in south Delhi.
"Even after seven years of marriage the couple was childless. Archana was undergoing infertility treatment for the last four months and that might have led to a dispute between them on March 30," Station House Officer Defence Colony police station, Vijay Singh said.
Singh added that Archana`s post-mortem report, released Monday evening, and police investigations revealed that she was strangled by Sinha, who later immolated himself.
"However, the remaining doubts in the case will be cleared after Sinha`s post-mortem report, which is likely to come late Monday night," Singh said.
The post-mortem report also revealed that Archana was strangled by her own dupatta around 12 to 18 hours before her body was recovered following a police call at 1.44 pm. Friday.
Investigators suspect that the deaths took place between 11 p.m. on Thursday, when Sinha had a telephonic chat with one of his relatives, and 7 a.m. Friday as Sinha had not picked up the newspapers which were delivered at that time, said the official.
Singh did not ruled out other causes, including financial crisis, sudden provocation or work related stress as Sinha had mentioned some seniors of pressurising him in his personal diary.
Sinha was a Deputy Director at the Directorate General of Medical Services while his wife was a classical dancer and they got married in 2005.
However, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police P.S. Kushwaha declined to say anything in the case.
"We are very close to solving the case after Archana Sharma`s post-mortem report, and now we are waiting for Sinha`s post-mortem report, which will come late Monday night or Tuesday morning," said Kushwaha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!