Defence official, wife found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A Defence Ministry official and his wife were found dead under mysterious circumstances at their home in South Delhi on Friday.
Kumar Yashkar, 42, worked as a deputy director at Directorate General of Medical Services under the Defence Ministry and Archana Sharma, 34, was a classical dancer. The couple had shifted to Transit flats in Hudco Place near Ansal Plaza a few months back.
Reports suggest that that Yashkar first strangulated his wife with a ‘chunni’ and then immolated himself too. The couple was married for seven years and had no children.
Though, the police have not yet confirmed whether it as a suicide or murder, but it is being said that since the main door was locked from inside the chances of an outsider’s involvement in the crime are very slim.
The incident was reported to police by neighbours when they saw smoke coming out from the couple’s flat.
- UN chief appeals for re-launch of Syria ceasefire
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon