Defence official, wife found dead in Delhi
New Delhi: A Defence Ministry official and his wife were found dead under mysterious circumstances at their home in South Delhi on Friday.
Kumar Yashkar, 42, worked as a deputy director at Directorate General of Medical Services under the Defence Ministry and Archana Sharma, 34, was a classical dancer. The couple had shifted to Transit flats in Hudco Place near Ansal Plaza a few months back.
Reports suggest that that Yashkar first strangulated his wife with a ‘chunni’ and then immolated himself too. The couple was married for seven years and had no children.
Though, the police have not yet confirmed whether it as a suicide or murder, but it is being said that since the main door was locked from inside the chances of an outsider’s involvement in the crime are very slim.
The incident was reported to police by neighbours when they saw smoke coming out from the couple’s flat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged