Defiant CM blames people for traffic jams in Delhi
New Delhi: Reacting to a query about regular traffic jams in Delhi, a defiant Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday blamed the people of the state for the chaos.
Talking to media persons, Sheila said, “Traffic jams are common even in places like New York so there is no need to make such a hue and cry over it.”
Criticising Delhiites for the menace, the CM asserted, “People of the state are responsible for these traffic jams and government can’t do anything about it.”
It should be noted that Delhi is facing serious traffic jams as a lot of construction work is going on in the roads of the state in view of upcoming Commonwealth Games. It is becoming increasingly difficult for people to travel to Connaught Place and South Delhi as such places were witnessing huge traffic jams.
In a similar move, the Chief Minister also lamented the skyrocketing sugar prices saying, “Delhi doesn’t have enough godowns to store sugar and that is the reason for the high prices of sugar in the state.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum