Defiant CM blames people for traffic jams in Delhi
New Delhi: Reacting to a query about regular traffic jams in Delhi, a defiant Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday blamed the people of the state for the chaos.
Talking to media persons, Sheila said, “Traffic jams are common even in places like New York so there is no need to make such a hue and cry over it.”
Criticising Delhiites for the menace, the CM asserted, “People of the state are responsible for these traffic jams and government can’t do anything about it.”
It should be noted that Delhi is facing serious traffic jams as a lot of construction work is going on in the roads of the state in view of upcoming Commonwealth Games. It is becoming increasingly difficult for people to travel to Connaught Place and South Delhi as such places were witnessing huge traffic jams.
In a similar move, the Chief Minister also lamented the skyrocketing sugar prices saying, “Delhi doesn’t have enough godowns to store sugar and that is the reason for the high prices of sugar in the state.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city