Delay in qrtrs: CAG raps Health Min, Safd Hosp
New Delhi: Rapping the Ministry of Health and
Safdarjung Hospital for inordinate delay and lax approach for
building staff quarters for nurses, the Comptroller and
Auditor General has noted that an expenditure of Rs 1.80 crore
on land acquisition and interest impact of Rs 2.09 crore was
"Inordinate delays and lackadaisical approach of the
Ministry and the Hospital has led to non-commencement of work
of construction of staff quarters for nurses depriving them of
the intended facility," the CAG said in its report.
The auditor said that, "the expenditure of Rs 1.80 crore
incurred by the Ministry on acquisition of land alongwith an
interest impact of Rs 2.09 crore has been rendered unfruitful
as the Hospital was looking for an alternate land near the
Hospital for the project."
The CAG stated that the Ministry of Health and Family
Welfare decided in March 1995 to acquire land from Delhi
Development Authority (DDA) for construction of additional
accommodation for the nursing staff of Safdarjung Hospital,
for which land was allotted to it in Dwarka.
Later the Department related it to the comments of
Parliamentary Standing Committee on Health and Family Welfare
on demands for grants (2010-11), which viewed that
accommodation should be nearest to the Hospital, especially
for nurses who are rendering 24-hour services.
Thus, after 10 years of acquiring the land, construction
has not commenced and the Hospital was now proposing to
exchange the property, with a two-acre piece of land near the
Hospital in lieu of the land in Dwarka.
The CAG audit noted that poor coordination among various
stakeholders involved in construction, led to inordinate delay
in completion of the project and the objective of providing
staff quarters to nurses remained unfulfilled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception