Delegation meets Antony on `One-Rank-One-Pension`
New Delhi: The issue of `One-Rank, One-Pension` which is hanging fire for some time now was on Monday raised before Defence Minister AK Antony by a delegation of retired Army officers led by Congress MP Partap Singh Bajwa.
The delegation led by the Gurdaspur MP sought Antony`s intervention in its early implementation and brought to his attention problems faced by military officers and jawans.
Justice was not being done for the gallantry and noble services rendered by them, Bajwa said in press release.
He said the Minister was apprised of the demand of the ex-Servicemen that there should be One-Rank One-Pension (OROP).
While urging the Minister to delink the civilian pay from that of the personnel of armed forces, Bajwa said, "Considering the disparity between duties of defence personnel with their civilian counterparts, due recognition and respect is not being given to them. The demand of one rank one pension is justified and long overdue. Even the standing committee on defence has recommended the inclusion of OROP."
Members of the delegation included Brig (Retd) K S Kahlon, Brig (Retd) MPS Bajwa, Col (Retd) Dharam Singh and Col (Retd) Ajay Opal, all of whom have been fighting for issues relating to welfare of defence personnel including voicing the demand for One Rank One Pension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow