Delegation meets Antony on `One-Rank-One-Pension`
New Delhi: The issue of `One-Rank, One-Pension` which is hanging fire for some time now was on Monday raised before Defence Minister AK Antony by a delegation of retired Army officers led by Congress MP Partap Singh Bajwa.
The delegation led by the Gurdaspur MP sought Antony`s intervention in its early implementation and brought to his attention problems faced by military officers and jawans.
Justice was not being done for the gallantry and noble services rendered by them, Bajwa said in press release.
He said the Minister was apprised of the demand of the ex-Servicemen that there should be One-Rank One-Pension (OROP).
While urging the Minister to delink the civilian pay from that of the personnel of armed forces, Bajwa said, "Considering the disparity between duties of defence personnel with their civilian counterparts, due recognition and respect is not being given to them. The demand of one rank one pension is justified and long overdue. Even the standing committee on defence has recommended the inclusion of OROP."
Members of the delegation included Brig (Retd) K S Kahlon, Brig (Retd) MPS Bajwa, Col (Retd) Dharam Singh and Col (Retd) Ajay Opal, all of whom have been fighting for issues relating to welfare of defence personnel including voicing the demand for One Rank One Pension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan